Friday, August 22, 2014

Style Icon: Audrey Horne


For those who have never heard of her, let me introduce you to Audrey... Not Hepburn, not Tautou... It's Audrey Horne and her killer sense of style. I fell in love with this fictional character and her wardrobe the moment I started watching Twin Peaks. Played by Sherilyn Fenn, Audrey is the girl who puts the chic in the schoolgirl chic. Cool, stylish and seductively charming, Miss Horne pulls off an 1950s-inspired silhouette and sense of style like no other student at Twin Peaks High School. Exuding attitude and a femme fatale-like allure yet feeling vulnerable about the fact that she's madly in love with Special Agent Dale Cooper (who wouldn't?), Audrey is the bad girl gone good, affection deprived (her father runs a brothel and ignores his own daughter) and hiding behind a mask of coquette confidence. From saddle shoes to red pumps, vintage sweaters paired with pleated plaid midi skirts or high waisted pencil skirts, retro cardigans... Not to mention those feline eyebrows! David Lynch has created many inspiringly unforgettable female characters loaded with charisma and charm... and this one proves it right.

13 comments:

  1. Loved, loved, loved it!
    E eu preciso de uns brogues pretos e brancos urgentemente!

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.: E agora o Please Me está na minha wishlist!
    O Candy Yum Yum também é giro a montes, mas já tenho um super mas super parecido!
    (E o Ruby Woo, aiiii o Ruby Woo! Acho que vou comprar o Russian Red e depois quando ganhar vergonha na cara compro o Ruby Woo. I mean: a girl can't never have too many red lipsticks, am I right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aqueles parecem os meus sapatos vermelhos!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never watched it but I love her saddle shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this character! Glad to see I'm not alone. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never watched Twin Peaks! :0 It sounds good though! & btw, the cleanser on my blog, I do find it does reduce pore size but there's another trick for that. Just splash your face with cold water a few times after getting out of the shower/bath as it closes pores after the steam from your bath/shower opens them, & stops everything clogging them up :D xx

    www.roseandmuse.com
    www.roseandmusevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I just fell in love, what a beaut! I love her face, and the pink sweater and tartan skirt combo is everything. BABE. x

    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. isto está pra lá de inspirador, aqueles saddle, aquele sinal, oh my <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apesar de eu ter tido a alcunha de Laura Palmer na faculdade, a Audrey Horne era a minha deusa!!!
    http://bloglairdutemps.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Audrey! I like all the Audrey's. She is so well dressed, I wanted Saddle shoes so bad but my feet are kinda on the large side so... All the plaid and sweaters is something I could do though!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Desde que vi Twin Peaks fiquei apaixonada pela Audrey, quer pelo estilo quer pela beleza e aquele eyebrow game mata-me :3

    merdas-aleatorias.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Também adoro o estilo da Audrey.
    Muito feliz em encontrar seu blog, mesmo que não tenha atualização de postagens há alguns anos :) Ai ai, chegam outras redes sociais, mas acho o blogosfera insuperável.
    Suas fotos são lindas!

    ReplyDelete